- Current Vacancy: Technical Product Consultant
Current Vacancy: Technical Product Consultant
Do you love helping people? Are you a true problem solver and do you love to take a look at the underlying technology? Then TOPdesk is looking to help you build your career.
“The role is a combination of problem solving, learning, teaching and customer service. It is challenging but hugely rewarding. The comprehensive training programme is really helpful and the working culture is great!”
Chris Falshaw (Technical Product Consultant)
What will you be doing as a Technical Product Consultant?
You are the first point of contact for all customers who have technical questions about how to use our software. This means that you analyse, research, and answer a wide array of enquiries. You think hard, listen, ask questions and set priorities. In addition to solving the technical puzzle, your strong communication skills help you to convey your message clearly. No two days are ever the same. Our customers are highly knowledgeable, so you must be a true expert. You help customers who support their own (internal) customers using our software.
Your training schedule
During your first few months, you will follow an extensive training programme and travel to The Netherlands, Manchester and London where you will learn our software, databases including MS SQL and Oracle, our SaaS environments and our customers. You will spend most of your day analysing incoming problems and finding technical or functional solutions. You will share your knowledge and experience with customers. You will also share knowledge with colleagues: we believe this is important when working in a knowledge-centred department like Support. Once you have mastered the basics, you can explore the various specialisation paths.
Who is TOPdesk?
TOPdesk was founded in Delft, the Netherlands, over 20 years ago by two students. Their goal? Helping others to improve their customer service – with software that is simple and easy to use. Since then, the organisation has grown: from two employees to over 600, and from a single small office to 12 branches worldwide. We might have grown a lot since we started, but we’ve never stopped believing in our core values: listening to customer’s needs, and giving employees the trust, freedom and responsibility to do great things.
Our technical product consultant should be:
- Highly educated graduate
- Someone who can demonstrate an affinity for IT
- Very analytical and solution-focused
- Someone who has strong communication skills
- Extremely customer-focused and prepared to go the extra mile to deliver a great customer experience
- Available 40 hours a week
What can you expect?
- An extensive overseas training programme
- Room for personal development
- Friendly and inspiring working environment
- Growth opportunity into roles such as Module Specialist, SaaS Specialist, Technical Specialist or Relation Manager
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of holiday per year including public holidays, a great pension plan, healthcare and employee events.
In summaryLocation: Manchester
Availability: 40 hours per week
2:1 minimum university degree